Out of stock
Tourism poster for Palestine line Company (Gdynia America Line) from 1935.
Gdynia America Shipping Line formed in 1930 by the Polish Government to operate cargo and passenger services between Gdynia, Copenhagen, Halifax and New York. A service to Rio de Janeiro, Santos, Montevideo and Buenos Aires started in 1936, and Mediterranean sailings between Constanza, Haifa and Istanbul. The South America service ceased on the outbreak of war in 1939, but the New York service resumed in 1947. For political reasons, the BATORY was banned from New York in 1951 and transferred to the India/Pakistan service until 1956. She was then used on the Quebec – Montreal service.